Cake Filling?

Decorating By BabyGSR Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 5:56pm by BabyGSR

BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

Do anyone know of an easy good cake filling for chocolate, white or strawberry cake?

I'm using bettercreme whipped icing on the cakes. I just need some fillings.

Thanks.

4 replies
Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 5

I made a yummy carmley filling for a cake this weekend that went over crazy well in a chocolate/white swirled cake I made. It was simply a can of dulce de leche (easy to make or buy) whipped into SMBC. Was delicious.

I also served strawberry cake at the same party and the filling i attempted was not good. I ended up going with a whipped buttercream for lack of a more tastey option.

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 5

Here's several:
1 Bailey's Irish Creme liquor added to chocolate buttercream, and it was fabulous;
2. if you torte I like to use chocolate ganache on one of the layers;
3. Instant vanilla pudding mix using whipping cream instead of milk (don't go by box directions just keep adding cream until you get a thickness you like) add vanilla extract flavor is an awesome bavarian style - or amaretta or orange extract, lemon extract, etc....;
4. Any instant pudding mix - use whipping cream instead of milk makes it thicker.

EZSweetShop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EZSweetShop Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 5

Instant Pudding Mix (whatever flavor you choose) with whipping cream instead of milk and beat until it's really thick...deeelish!

BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 5

Oh Yum guys! Thanks for the tips and recipes. I'm going to put them to use this weekend, I'm baking my daughter a birthday cake and she loves chocloate cake! I can't wait.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%