My Fondant Is Melting!

Baking By LVega32 Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 11:07am by shaekae81

LVega32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LVega32 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hello I'm having problems with my fondant. Lately TX is have a lot of humid and is very hot, I have a cooling system not an a/c yet. Once I cover my cake with fondant it starts melting I have added up sugar until it doesnt stick on my fingers but that dont work. I have tried corn starch and nothing. I have 2 cakes for this weekend and don't know what else to do. Do I need to know, anything else that can help the fondant on this humidity? Please let me know! thank you.

2 replies
Allie06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allie06 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, we've been having ridiculously humid weather in my wonderful dry heated desert, so much so that my MMF blob was almost thrown across my kitchen last night! =) I added some tyloose to my fondant and was able to make it work properly. I don't know if I would recommend that for covering a cake, I've never tried it, but the tyloose helps with the fondant accents! Good luck!!

shaekae81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaekae81 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 11:07am
post #3 of 3

Same thing here...after covering the cakes, the fondant sags and droops to the bottom. it's so sticky that the fondant smoother sticks to the surface. I had a little bit of luck with smearing my smoother in powdered sugar and that help it to glide over the surface better, but didn't prevent the drooping completely.

I don't have AC - very few homes here in Germany do because we don't need them usually.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%