How Do I Make Fluffy Buttercream Frosting?

Baking By ssimonds2 Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 5:47pm by SweetSuzieQ

ssimonds2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssimonds2 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 4

I like the taste of my buttercream frosting, but I can't make it "light and fluffy". How do you get a light and fluffy buttercream? It doesn't have to be crusting, but fluffy.

3 replies
SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 4

I have a whipped frosting that is light, fluffy and yummy as anything. It is stable and can be piped.

Cream 8oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar (granulated). I cream for a good while to make sure the sugar isn't gritty. Mix in 1 tsp vanilla. (Original recipe also calls for 1/2 tsp almond extract but, I leave it out). While mising slowly add 2 cups heavy cream and whip to stiff peaks.

Although it is cream cheese and not butter based, it doesnt really taste like cream cheese frosting. My hubby says it reminds him of soft serve ice cream.

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

I'd like one too....Does anyone have anything like she is asking that does not have cream cheese? I'm not a big fan of cream cheese.

I've used the FLUFF before, I think there is a recipie on CC that makes it taste very much like SMBC.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 4

You probably could sub butter for the cream cheese equally. I once didn't have enough cc so, I did half and half and, it turned out great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%