Texture Mat Question

Baking By josefina20 Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 3:18pm by SammieB

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 4:25am
post #1 of 4

Does any one used this texture mat before? or have create this fabric effect?
http://shop.sweetwise.com/tools/fondant-gum-paste-decorating-tools/texture-mat-fabric-set-7-x-10.html

i would like to make a fabric type decoration in white and blue. The way the showing in this picture is just what i am looking for, but i do not have a clue how to do this. As you can see in the web site it shows what you can create with this mat but i still confuse? how can you get two color effect like the one they demonstrating here? icon_rolleyes.gif Any one with any idea?

3 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 4

It looks like two different products. In the top right of the picture you can see what looks like a package of impression mats. But, the sample patterns across the bottom look like edible images. Rather confusing indeed.

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 4

I just got these recently, I ordered them from a different site but they look like the same thing I have.

They are plastic impression mats. I haven't had much chance to play with them yet, I'm not sure how you would get the two color effect, maybe impress your fondant and then paint the raised part with food coloring?

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 4

Why don't you go on Sweetwise's facebook page and ask? It seems to be the best way to get a hold of them, and they are super nice answering questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%