Saying I Am Sorry

Decorating By dmaam Updated 22 Jan 2007 , 8:47pm by mami2sweeties

dmaam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmaam Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 13

I would like to say to all at Cake Central...

I have made some post in the past seeking advice about different situations involving cake questions and involving the baker's that I work for...
In the post regarding my boss - I said some things that hurt their feelings and I want to make it clear to everyone that I never meant to talk down about those people.

The people that I worked for are extraordinary cake decorators. Cake decorators with a talent that I will never come close to being able to do.
They were kind enough to hire me and give me their recipes and were willing to show me the ropes on a lot of things that I did not know. I expressed an interest in cake decorating and they were willing to put me under their wings and help me. For that I will be forever grateful.

So, please, understand that if I could delete those old post - I would. My intentions were never to hurt anyone.

Thank you for your time.

12 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 13

How big of you to apologize. Obviously, it's bothering you, so this is definately the right step.

dmaam Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 13

It is bothering me because I never meant to hurt anyone - I was just seeking advice about different situations and honestly never thought that they would read them. But they have and I hurt them and I am deeply sorry.

I lost my job and I lost a business relationship that I greatly respected.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 13

Oh my gosh...that is horrible....
I didn't realize that they had read it. Is there no mending the relationship? Just try to explain that you were seeking advice? I wish I had better advice.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 13

Let us all learn from your experience by thinking twice before expressing ourselves.
Your repentance speaks well of you.I hope they also read about it and reconsider hiring you again.
Best wishes.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 13

The one thing about putting your feelings in e-mails...........once they are in print they are there forever. Alot of us write in anger and just type away, whereas if we were to speak to folks we ususally think before uttering words. Count me guilty on this type of thing too icon_redface.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 13

Well, I found the thread and to be honest, if they let you go because of THAT then they aren't worth working for, IMHO... You just felt a little hurt and expressed feeling hurt and left out. You didn't call anyone names, didn't put anyone down, nothing...

If this was the sole reason for them letting you go - then good riddance... but sometimes it's the icing on the cake? (sorry)... like, mabye they felt there wer other things brewing here and that just put it over the top? Only you and your former bosses can know that, right?

Melissa

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 13

Wow- there wasn't much said derrogatory wise on your part in that thread, it was everyone else that was nastier. Perhaps it was better that you are not there then.
I had a floral job once where I told them that I wanted to do floral design and that I had gone and taken the level 1 class at a tech college. I worked there part time while working at Burger King part time (I was making more $$ at BK), after working there for several months and not getting any extra training and being the grunt person, and only being allowed to work on one thing and then was told what I did was terrible. I decided to ask if they were going to do anything with me. They said no most likely not since they had more than enough designers and that I needed to get the basics down pat before they would let me try anything else. Well, I put my notice in because I could make more $$ at BK, get trained on more stuff to further my career, and get better respect.
From that point on, I decided that if something isn't moving fast enough training wise for me at work, it's time to move on, or give them fair warning. The trick about this is you have to follow through on your word. You will find something better! icon_biggrin.gif

dmaam Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 13

First of all, if you read my other threads - I did say some more things about them. But, never with the intentions of them reading them, or bad mouthing them.... though all of you on Cake Central are strangers that I do not see on a daily basis and very unlikely that I would see in the grocery store and if I did - I would not know because of our screen names. I view you, all, as friends, in a strange internet friendship way (lol) and was just seeking advice on situations in my life that involved the cake decorating world. I would have never thought that the things I was saying would hurt their feelings. I was wrong for posting anything negative about these people - bottom line. Whether it is grounds for firing me - that is their decision because they were the ones paying me. They felt it was and I respect that.

I just want all on CC to understand that I was wrong. And to, please, not judge these people based on what I said in the past. They do extraordinary work and have made cakes for special events and celebrities that people like me - will only dream of making. Their cakes taste amazing and look amazing. I hope that they understand that I never meant to hurt them. I was wrong and I admit my fault.

Watch what you say because it could come back and bite you on the buttie! When you are in the moment you say things that if you step back and think clearly on - then you would say or do things differently. Unfortunately here, you cannot erase things you say (type) once you type them.

So, here's why I am saying this...

My previous employer did not like me talking negatively about them. For one, they did not like the negative publicity and two they felt that they have been good and they have been good and did not deserve the things that I wrote. For them to understand and for all to understand. I never meant any negative publicity at the time I was typing it nor do I now. I just in the moment - had some feelings and went to vent/ask advice here - thinking that it was private when in reality it is the internet. I look at CC as me and my friends are talking on the computer instead of meeting for cocktails or lunch or chatting on the phone.

I am sorry for what I said and I am more sorry that I hurt them. Again, I will be forever grateful for putting me under their wings.

brandiandedgar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandiandedgar Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 5:53pm
post #10 of 13

Wow I just read the two post and you did not say anything negative. Did they just let you go now? those post were from months ago. If it just happend I would tend to think their is another reason behind it.

keep you head up and practice you can do it

Brandi icon_biggrin.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 7:37pm
post #11 of 13

Geeze - does anyone here even know who your employer was? I certainly don't and unless i missed a thread I'm not sure you ever mentioned who they were.

brandiandedgar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandiandedgar Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 7:49pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Geeze - does anyone here even know who your employer was? I certainly don't and unless i missed a thread I'm not sure you ever mentioned who they were.

that was my thought too the whole situation doesn't seem to make sense I mean 1st the post were in may and august and never mentioned the name so to say I have decided that something you did 6 months ago is so horrible and has created such bad publicity that I'm going to have to fire you today. I would think this would have happened back in may or august not after months of still working together.

Brandi

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 13

Honestly, if you got fired over this I don't see it as a terrible thing. I agree with Brandi and SweetResults. Negative publicity. How? I don't know who your employer is. If you want to learn to decorate cakes, you should take Wilton classes back to back. I did and I was done in 12 weeks. I took I-III. You don't have to work for a cake shop to learn this. You can take classes at a community college of if there is a culinary school in your area. I would not sweat it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%