Mix White Cake With French Vanilla (Duncan Hines)

Baking By kimbordeaux Updated 29 Jul 2011 , 1:43am by kimbordeaux

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 5

I use WASC recipes for my cakes. I purchased 4 boxes of DH White cake mix... or so I thought. I looked at the first 2 boxes as pulled them off the shelf but the last 2 I just glanced at as I threw them in the cart. When I get home I realize I have 2 boxes of White and 2 boxes of French Vanilla. I need to bake my cakes tonight and Walmart is at least 30mins away! Can I mix them? Use 1 box white and 1 french vanilla? My recipe already uses vanilla. I'll just half vanilla maybe? I don't really know what french vanilla is and the difference between plain white. THANKS! (hope someone can help ASAP need to be baking an hour ago, lol)

~KIM

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 5

Sure, you can mix them. Makes a nicely flavored cake.

It will not be as white as white only. French vanilla is a richer flavor, not really more vanilla-y.

You can add any extracts you want. My 2 box mix WASC calls for 4 tsp.--2 vanilla + 2 almond. I rarely do that and just use all vanilla.

Rae

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Sure, you can mix them. Makes a nicely flavored cake.

It will not be as white as white only. French vanilla is a richer flavor, not really more vanilla-y.

You can add any extracts you want. My 2 box mix WASC calls for 4 tsp.--2 vanilla + 2 almond. I rarely do that and just use all vanilla.

Rae

Ditto! It will be just fine.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 5

Yep it will be fine. I've used French Vanilla and it really tastes just like a white cake. Good luck!

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 1:43am
post #5 of 5

Hey Ya'll,
I tried my WASC recipe with 1 box white cake mix and 1 box french vanilla cake mix instead of 2 boxes white cake mix last night. I think it turned out wonderful! I usually add almond extract to my WASC but didn't last, added just a little vanilla. Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%