Brownie Cake?!

Baking By ohayr639 Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 9:49pm by instant-gratificaketion

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 8

My brother wants a "brownie cake" for his groom's cake. Not like decorated like a brownie but actually brownie cake. Does this exist or should I tell him he gets chocolate?

Thanks!

7 replies
jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't bought a box of brownie mix in forever but if I remember correctly on the back of the box in directions section it says to add 1 more egg to the batter and it will be more like cake.

mhcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhcl Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 8

There are many wonderfull looking recipes if you do a google image search. I have never made this kind of cake but after looking at some I think I'm going to have to try some for a grasshopper cake icon_razz.gif They look very moist and well...brownie like to me icon_rolleyes.gif

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 8

MMMMMM.....that does sound good. Now I'll have to try it too! I really should not read these type of things when I skip breakfast......

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 8

If you look up the Chocolate Scratch Off thread a few people tested the Scott Woolley Clark chocolate cake recipe and said it tasted like a dense fudge brownie. Might want to give that one a try. Another thing I have done is bake a brownie in a cake pan and layer it between two layers of cake (and frosting/filling to separate the layers).

EnglishCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnglishCakeLady Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 8

This may sound a bit ewww, but I have used the standard WASC recipe with Betty Crocker German Chocolate mix (using 1/4 cup of cocoa and 3/4 cup of flour instead of 1 cup of flour) and undercooked it by about 8 minutes. This was not planned (it was in a big pan and had started to pull away from the edges), but it came out like a lovely, chewy brownie! Worth a thought?

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone! I will looks into all the ideas.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 8

Sorry for the late reply!

I was asked to make a "brownie cake" recently and during a google search found one on a blog that got great reviews!

Do a google search for "Chocolate Believe Cake" and it should be the 1st link that comes up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%