My Mater Turned Into Quasimodo!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 1:09pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 5

So I was actually quite proud of how straight my ganached sides were on my son's Cars cake for his fourth birthday this weekend. I love the crisp edges I get with ganache under my fondant .... don't so much love the extreme weather we've been having!
For his outdoor pool party at the local YMCA, the cake sat in the sun (I didn't even realize that the sun would be hitting it full on for the majority of the party, since it was still in the shade when we got there), and by the time we went to cut it, the ganache had completely liquified. Mater's face was the goopiest, meltiest mess ever ... the eyes driiiiiiiipped down the side, every crevice between the layers of the cake was visible, and the fondant came down in ganache-filled globs. My munchkin barely noticed, and it tasted just as good, obviously, but we had a good laugh over the Quasimodo-esque nature of the creation.
Will post pictures of the original AND the melted versions in a little bit here. Thank goodness for the "before" pictures! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 5

CUTE cake! You did a fabulous job on this! Sorry it melted, but I'm glad you got good pics of it before!

The melty mater picture looks yummy! All that chocolate! icon_wink.gif

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 5

That cake is so cute! Honestly, I think the melty pic is cute in it's own right, I can kind of hear cartoon melty sound effects. icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, the cake is awesome. I'm sorry it melted, but it looks delicious nevertheless. icon_smile.gif

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:16am
post #4 of 5

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!! Not to laugh at your misfortune, but I just think the cake description is hilarious!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

Haha!Thanksmguys!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%