Cake Decorating Supply Stores In Florida?

Decorating By rubycurls Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 5:18am by JanH

rubycurls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rubycurls Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 6

Hi ladies and gentlemen
In October I am going on holiday from the uk to lovely Florida. I will be in Orlando for a week doing the usual theme park stuff. Then I will travel to Bradenton beach on ami for a week and finally head down to key west for my final week. Along the way I am hoping to stock up on some tools and fun caking supplies. Maybe I won't have time to look in Orlando as each day is going to be busy but I was hoping anyone from Florida could point me into the right place for good stores near Anna Maria island.

Now my husband will flip when he realises that my cake obsession extends even to holiday shopping so I am hoping to not have to venture too far to indulge as he is driving! yep there'll be no getting those keys off him.

I'd really appreciate your help on this one! Never mind Disney, I want some Martha strewart damask stencils lol[/img]

5 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 6

Look up www.fondantsource.com or www.FondantSource.com

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 6

Also D and G Occasions, http://dandgoccasions.com

I've been there and to www.fondantsource.com Love them both. Make sure you have lots of time and DH and kids aren't with you. Mine have always been waiting in the car, making it hard to stock up. I'd almost rather them come in with me, stand over me and question everything I do than sit in the car and really make me feel guiltly.

rubycurls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rubycurls Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 6

Madmillie thanks for the advice. I don't have kids but honestly hubby is bad enough. He pouts the whole time I'm in a store or he picks up random stuff and lectures me on how useful it will be. He is well meaning but really has no clue what anything is for and it irritates me that I have to go through the q & a session so he gets it that I don't need that particular thing!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:34am
post #5 of 6

rubycurls, Take these fine folks advice and get your cake shopping done in Orlando, there is no cake shop in the near vicinity of Bradenton Beach/Anna Maria Island. I live in the area and always visit D&G when in Orlando. www.fondantsource.com is just a warehouse now, but you can order on line and pick it up while you are there.

While you are in Bradenton Beach, for a really nice beach dining experience try the Beach House. It is at the intersection of Cortez Rd and Gulf Drive. For a fun laid back more old Florida experience try the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe at the intersection of Manatee Ave and Gulf Dr. Try to make that on a Friday night when they have the drum circle. Have a great time while in my home area thumbs_up.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:18am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Just to clarify, we do not delete threads just because they mention other suppliers, there are plenty of threads on here mentioning other suppliers.

The sites that are banned are banned because at some point they violated the forum rules and spammed cakecentral.com .

Sites that choose to spam do not get the benefit of exposure here.

is a great supplier, but there are other great suppliers as well, and when suppliers who are not banned are mentioned, those posts are left intact.

RE: PMs

We do not manually edit your PMs, the entire website has the banned site names in the replace database. Just like cursing. It is an automated process, we have no idea who tries to PM those site names or when.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=722965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%