Question About Cake Pops Please Help

Baking By Johnnie53 Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 8:03pm by wenaka

Johnnie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Johnnie53 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 3

I would like to make cake pops for a wedding. How far ahead can I make them and after they are dipped in chocolate how do you store them. I have to make a lot so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

2 replies
TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 3

From what everyone says they are good for 2 weeks....not sure about that because they don't last that long around here! I wouldn't make them more than 4 days prior...but that's just me. I actually like them better after a few days! As long as the are not in the heat they should be fine, I just leave mine out on the counter. I've heard not to put them in the refrigerator because of condensation after you take them out, I have never had a problem with that....but I guess some have.
Hope that helps some!

Good Luck!!!

wenaka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wenaka Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 3

I once had to make 200 cake pops which were done over a period of a week. You should make them in stages; form the balls first and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap. Then take out a few at a time, poke in the sticks and dip and put back in refrigerator to harden. Once hardened, wrap again in plastic wrap to prevent sweating. Be sure to have some kind of styrofoam or something to stick the pops in after they have been dipped. I would never leave them out unrefrigerated until you are ready to serve them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%