Football Baby Shower - Need Ideas!

Decorating By mfoxx9 Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 6:13pm by sheeny

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 3

I'm planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law. It will be a coed shower on a Sunday during football season. They are big Cleveland Browns fans (colors are orange and brown), and we'll be watching the game at the shower. I'm having trouble coming up with an idea for a cake or cupcakes that's not just "baby" or just "football". How do I combine the two ideas? Also, they don't know the sex of the baby.

I'd love to hear your suggestions! Thanks!!

2 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 3

Hm....hard one.

Maybe a simple tiered cake with a baby on top wearing either a helmet or jersey?

A sheet cake with either:

a regular and small football, or reg and small jersey?

Or....sheet cake like it is a jersey with arms holding a football in one and a baby in the other? With some clever saying on there...not sure about that one, tho.

Maybe clothesline with baby size jersey hanging on it?

Sorry, not much help there!

sheeny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheeny Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 3

Hmmm this sounds fun!

If you want a simple cake, you can make a onesie decorated as a jersey....

You can do one of those baby rump cakes, but instead do a football wearing a diaper and maybe legs - maybe a funny pun written on the board where either a ball or baby would work as the noun, like "Getting ready to catch it" or "Mommy and Daddy's Little Touchdown"

You can make a crib cake, where the bedding is all footballs and the baby is wearing a jersey of their favourite team

A belly cake where its a jersey instead of a dress

A tiered cake with fondant toppers of the parents holding a little football wrapped in a blanket

Etc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%