My 1St Fondant Experience!!! Mmf!

Decorating By theCword Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 2:14am by theCword

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 1:55am
post #1 of 6

I did it! I'm so excited and feel like a million bucks. I was sweating so bad from nerves or maybe from the kneading but it came out. Finally. I had to roll it 3 times (3rd times the charm) because it kept sticking to the counter top and there is a tiny crack on the cake but eh.. I know I will get better as I practice.
I ran out of buttercream to make a border but I had enough leftover fondant to make the hearts. I put some nestle soft chocolate I found in my pantry. Cannot wait to tasted it but in a way I can. I'm so happy I got over this first hump.
Btw, I have never touched fondant. Hopefully the texture is right. But so far so good!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:09am
post #2 of 6

Cool - good job icon_smile.gif I love MMF and that's all I use. I do most of the mixing in my mixer and just knead in a little more powedered suger at the end. That saves my arms! lol

Best wishes!

Karen

theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:09am
post #3 of 6

it wouldn't let me add a pic to my original post. icon_confused.gif

LadySiren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadySiren Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:12am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCword

I did it! I'm so excited and feel like a million bucks. I was sweating so bad from nerves or maybe from the kneading but it came out. Finally. I had to roll it 3 times (3rd times the charm) because it kept sticking to the counter top and there is a tiny crack on the cake but eh.. I know I will get better as I practice.
I ran out of buttercream to make a border but I had enough leftover fondant to make the hearts. I put some nestle soft chocolate I found in my pantry. Cannot wait to tasted it but in a way I can. I'm so happy I got over this first hump.
Btw, I have never touched fondant. Hopefully the texture is right. But so far so good!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting this - I'll be making MMF for the first time on Wednesday and I'm a nervous wreck, LOL. I hope my experience goes as well as yours does.

My family likes marshmallows but I really don't care for them. I'm thinking I'm going to add a little vanilla to the MMF to tone down that marshmallow-y taste.

theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:12am
post #5 of 6

I don't have a stand up mixer and i was told not to try it with my hand mixer so i did it all by hand. at least i got a feel of the different stages, especially when it was sticky as gum. i thought i was ruining it!

theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySiren

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCword

Thanks for posting this - I'll be making MMF for the first time on Wednesday and I'm a nervous wreck, LOL. I hope my experience goes as well as yours does.

My family likes marshmallows but I really don't care for them. I'm thinking I'm going to add a little vanilla to the MMF to tone down that marshmallow-y taste.

I don't care for marshmallow flavor at all either... so i added the chocolate and it made it taste yummy!!! vanilla should make it good too... don't be afraid of the mess you make haha... my counter was scary!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%