Help Needed For Lemon Cake Recipe

Baking By augurey

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 1

In addition to my German Chocolate Cake and cupcakes for 07/23, I'm also doing a Lemon Cake. I've never really worked with the lemon flavor.

After searching the recipes, this recipe caught my attention as the one I'd like to work with: http://cakecentral.com/recipes/17550/lemon-cake-starting-with-a-white-cake-mix

After going through the grocery store, I could not, for the life of me, find lemon instant pudding mix. My boyfriend and I searched for about 10 minutes searching through all of the pudding mixes. The only lemon flavor they had was in actual jello and in cook & serve. So, feeling defeated, I went and grabbed a box of Lemon Cake mix.

I've done some more extensive searching trying to find a recipe to start with a Lemon Cake Mix, but everything looks to start with the white mix. And what I'm wondering is if I could still use this recipe, but maybe take out some of the other lemon flavorings so it's not so overwhelming and powerful.

I feel like my options are to either take out all additional lemon flavors (extract, zest and juice) or take 1 or 2 of the 3.

Are there any suggestions on how I could still use this recipe with the lemon mix and not have it too powerful? Or does anyone have any other recipes that would work for this situation?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%