Shower Cake

Decorating By SPODN Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 4:31am by caymancake

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 3:37am
post #1 of 4

I have tried to post this request twice before and I seem to keep loosing it. One more time.
I am trying to come up with a design for my neice's wedding shower. The theme for the shower is Chinese Take Out and Cherry Blossoms. The girls are filling chinese take out containers with fortune cookies and we have found a pretty chinese paper umbrella with cherry blossoms on it. The color scheme is pink. I searched CC using both these key words and nothing has really lit a spark. Lots of stuff with chinese take out boxes but since they are already being done I need an idea for the cake. Something pretty but simple. The bride is doing cup cakes for her wedding cake but since as part of the lie to get her to the event surprised she will be bringing cup cakes for a cake sale.

There are so many talented and creative people out there, Any suggestions

3 replies
gigiofknb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiofknb Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:02am
post #2 of 4

SPODN...I just bought a fondant/gum paste mold made by Wilton at Hobby Lobby. It is a mold that has the branches and cherry blossom flowers on it. I have not used it yet but it looks simple and it is greatly detailed. It was $9.99 and has leaves, flowers, branches and border molds. Simple but beautiful. Good luck.

Darstus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darstus Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:08am
post #3 of 4

I did a cake for a asian themed baby shower. I did a tiered cake with chocolate or brown buttercream then decorated with cherry blossoms. Try this link. You can also "google" asian themed cakes with cherry blossoms and view Images. Hope this helps.

Thus is the link to my cake in the photo gallery(if it works!)

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1751897

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:31am
post #4 of 4

There are lots of cherry blossom cakes on cc..just go to galleries, search, and type in pink cherry blossoms. I'm sure you'll find something that sparks and idea for you. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%