Wilton Whipped Topping

Decorating By mudderteresa Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 7:58pm by yums

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 5

who has tried wilton whipped icing mix out of the box? i have never tried and a lady wants whipped topping and i have no recipes for home ade and i don't want to waste a box trying if this is easy and just as good!

4 replies
decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 5

i personally have never tried it, some like it some dont, I use bettercreme from smart and final, i am not sure where else to get it but it sure yummy!!! It comes frozen in a qt size container you let it thaw and whip it up, i used it on a wedding cake and it sat out for 3 hrs before cutting it and it and was still yummy!! HTH...

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 5

thanks so much!

Cakegirl74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl74 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 5

I've used it and it tastes pretty good everyone at mt son's birthday party commented on how they liked that it wasn't too sweet. It was a little soft to decorate with but I might have been able to make it a little stiffer next time.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 5

I used it for my son's 1st birthday cupcakes which were elmo heads. It tastes great but it way too soft. All of heads ended up losing an eye or nose. I followed the directions to a "T" and even tried to add some powdered sugar but it didn't help. I think if you are going for that taste go with the bettercreme, you can buy it at Sam's club and easier to decorate with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%