I Am In Desperate Need Of Help

Decorating By SugarCircus Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 4:01am by icingimages

SugarCircus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCircus Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 6

icon_cry.gif

I have emailed and called Icing images but just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions in the meantime, because OF COURSE all problems happen on the weekend
icon_cry.gif

I have a canon PIXMA MX870 and it was printing great and then it ran out of ink. I refilled my cartridges using the icing images refills and then my printer went insane and would only print super distorted bluish images and made crazy screeching angry sounds icon_surprised.gif I purchased a new Canon PIXMA MG5220 , installed the software, and put the REFILLED ink cartridges in and kept getting a " must use appropriate ink cartridges" error message. I tried cleaning the little metal parts on the ink cartridges but no luck. I am pretty sure I just need to buy brand new ink cartridges, but does anyone have any other ideas? I have a GINOURMOUS order I need to fill icon_surprised.gif and between buying printers, icing sheets, and ink with overnight shipping, I'm at the point where the order is costing ME money, ugh. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank youuuu.

5 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

On your 870, it sounds like something is in there blocking things if it is screatching...
To get you working fast, take the chips off your regular ink cartridges and place them on cartridges you took out of your 870. Make sure the magenta goes on the magenta and so forth. THat should get the 5220 working for you. I will try to monitor things this weekend for you to help you.

I just checked the emails and answered you there as well. Yes, we can get you cartridges by Tuesday, but hopefully the chip switch will get you working in the meantime.

SugarCircus Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 6

OkaY, I will quick go try, is there a way to pry off those metal things? Ty so much for replying btw! thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 6

Best of luck! Its why I ended up tossing my system. Oh well.

SugarCircus Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Best of luck! Its why I ended up tossing my system. Oh well.

Aww kitagirl, mine worked awesome until I overworked it icon_cry.gif I tried to McGyver the metal things off and it worked great swapping them off but the printer is still giving me error messages. But I had hope for a minute icon_rolleyes.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:01am
post #6 of 6

You are going to love the new printer you bought, if its any consolation. It is a faster printer, thats what I noticed anyway. WE can get you your new cartridges on Tuesday, please check your email for further questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%