Thinking About Buying The Canon Pixmamp560 Good Or Bad Idea?

Decorating By divinecc Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 2:15pm by divinecc

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 7

They only have a few left at the Walmart near my house for $99.00. For those of you who use it for cakes, what has your experience been? Thanks

6 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:14am
post #2 of 7

It is a great printer and a great price. It is a model that is going out of date, but you should have no worries about getting cartrdiges for it. I have used the new model the mx5220 and it seems to print faster. But edible printing is pretty basic so you cant go wrong with either machine. What is important is the inks and paper you choose. I would recommend the sponge free version of cartridges. THey hold more ink then the sponged brands and are refillable directly in the printer. The food grade plastics make things more hygenic as well. Make sure you print something at least once per week once you get it, even if it is on regular paper. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will be gald to help. Have fun!

SAHCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SAHCaker Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:28am
post #3 of 7

I have the Canon Pixma560 and I love it. It has not clogged on me (ever!). It's a great printer.

laner7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laner7 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:29am
post #4 of 7

I own one too and I love it! It prints great pictures for cakes. I have also no issues with clogging. Ink has lasted too. I recommend it. You won't be disappointed. thumbs_up.gif

divinecc Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your feedback! I think I might get it!

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:23am
post #6 of 7

Canon is really a great product! They are the most common source for edible printers.

Here is a picture that I did with my CanonIP4700

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2104267

HTH

Michael

divinecc Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:15pm
post #7 of 7

Your cakes are so clean and perfect Mike! I wish I could smooth BC like that icon_wink.gif Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%