How Do You Wrap Your Layers To Freeze?

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 5:47am by Marianna46

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 2

I will be needing to freeze some jelly roll sheets of cake, and it's very moist cake... I'm afraid that it will majorly stick to whatever I wrap it in. How do you wrap it so you don't lose it all when you take it out??

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:47am
post #2 of 2

There's a kind of plastic that's used a lot for making plastic bags and that they use in the deli section of the supermarket to wrap freshly-sliced cold cuts in. It's a little bit opaque, unlike regular plastic, which is clear. In Mexico, it'c called polipapel, but I have no idea of it's name in English. It doesn't stick nearly as bad as plastic wrap does, if you can get your hands on some. I'd roll up the jelly roll in that and then put a couple of layers of plastic wrap around the whole thing and then wrap it in foil.

P.S. I just looked up polipapel on Google, and it seems that the term in English might be poly paper, although the term in Spanish is used to refer to different things from one country to the next. I hope my description was enough for you to tell what I was talking about! And if anybody knows for sure what the stuff is called in English, I'd be eternally grateful for the information, since this comes up a lot for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%