Need Ideas For Classy Hippie Bridal Shower

Decorating By Alery Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 11:52am by Alery

Alery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alery Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 15

Please help!! I was asked to make a bridal shower cake for a bride who I was told is a 24 yr old hippie who is planning a very classy wedding. I am stumped. I was told to do whatever I wanted and there is no color scheme. I was thinking of a gown with wildflowers around it, or a present. Any ideas? Thanks.

14 replies
MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 4:58am
post #2 of 15

I actually really like your idea of the gown and wild flowers tec. Get more details about her dress and that should give you an idea of what exactly "classy" translates to for her. Also, with a dress, you can make it take on whatever kind of look you're going for.

This might help if you go with that idea:
http://cakecentral.com/articles/779/how-to-make-a-3d-wedding-dress-cake

Also, with a dress, you can make it take on whatever kind of look you're going for.

HTH

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 7:26am
post #3 of 15

Paisley

cupsncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncake Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 15

what about a peace sign decorated with flowers...

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 15

Classy means lots of different things to lots of different people. If it were me, I first would ask for a copy of the shower invite and the wedding invite. If neither inspired me, I would look online for patterns and colors that give me ideas for the cake. I'm thinking I would maybe start with either paisleys or an Indian pattern.

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 15

I would go with a really natural look like maybe gumpaste branaches wildflowers etc in a really natural color scheme. I think those tree slice cake stands look really good too. I would avoid cliche "hippy" decor if she wants it classy.

Alery Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 1:33am
post #7 of 15

Thanks for the responces. There were no invites I believe. It's for my aunt who works with the bride to be and with a mom to be and everyone who works with them is thorwing them a joint shower. My aunt asked me to make 2 cakes, one for each woman. I had no problem with the baby cake, just got stumped on the bridal. I will ask her about the wedding invite, that is a good idea. I still like the dress idea, but I have also always loved the birch tree stumps with the initilas "carved" into the side. I'll talk to my aunt some more. Thanks again, this is why I love CC icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:27pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl1973

Classy means lots of different things to lots of different people.

Totally agree! In my world, "classy" and "hippie" are never used in the same sentence! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

She's 24. It would also be interesting to know what her version of a hippie is. They weren't all Charles Manson's group of groupies at The Ranch, but they all weren't Forrest Gump's Jenny on her wedding day either. icon_biggrin.gif

Alery Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 15

[quote="indydebi"][ In my world, "classy" and "hippie" are never used in the same sentence! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

I agree, hence my being stumped. I have a call in to my aunt for more info. I will figure out exactly what she means. Thanks!!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 15

If I were doing the cake, I would make a VW hippie van, covered with flowers, psychedelic colors, peace sign, LOVE in swirly script, sunset, etc. with the bride and groom on top, she in a gauzy flower print dress and flowers in her hair and he in jeans, hemp sandals, T-shirt, and peace-sign pendant. Oh dear. I think I'm showing my age. I remember way too much about that era. icon_biggrin.gif

http://web420.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bus1.jpg

shanter Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:26pm
post #12 of 15

I guess I forgot the "classy part." How about this:

http://katrinleblondblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/vw_van4.jpg

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:53pm
post #13 of 15

Hippy and Classy to me, if there is such a thing, equals Daisies.

I am new to the stump cake, saw my first only a couple of months ago but they are darling. I could see one with daisies around it or a dress with a daisy headpiece incorporated on there somewhere or maybe daisies around the hem.

Happy Caking.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alery Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 11:52am
post #15 of 15

Thanks for the pics! They really help spark some ideas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%