Lemonade Flavoured Indideby's Bc?

Baking By southerncross Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 2:33am by MelissaMay

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a lemonade cake at the request of friend (It's just a regular vanilla cake with dry lemonade mix added...not my favourite but it is frequently requested). We're having a hot hot July and I want to use Indideby's BC because it won't melt in the A/C car as they transport to the party some 60 miles away. Has anyone just added the lemonade mix to the BC?

5 replies
dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 12:39am
post #2 of 6

bump. bump

Smokey5266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smokey5266 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:17am
post #3 of 6

Not a mix, but liquid lemonade to the recipe. yummy

lorimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorimarie Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 4:29am
post #4 of 6

I add crystal lite lemonade powder dry to regular buttercream all the time, and add a little bit of citric acid. Think its the fact that its sugar free that keeps it from making my icing gritty.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimarie

I add crystal lite lemonade powder dry to regular buttercream all the time, and add a little bit of citric acid. Think its the fact that its sugar free that keeps it from making my icing gritty.

Great idea. thanks

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:33am
post #6 of 6

I have actually added lemon concentrate (just a few TBS) to BC it's a recipe from the cake doctor book....it was a hit. Lemonade cake with raspberry filling and lemon BC. I made it for my Gparents anniversary (58 years) my Grandfather said it was the best cake he ever tasted...which made my Nana say "in our 58 years of marriage, that was the best cake you ever had" and Gramps said "yup"...ahhahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%