Buttercream In August?

Decorating By alissan Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 4:11pm by cakegroove

alissan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alissan Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 3

I have a bride getting married in August and she wants a cake that is just "delicious to eat" The cake will be a 12 inch single tier cake but 6 inches tall. She doesn't want fondant only buttercream and she will be cutting and serving the cake one hour after the wedding starts. This is an outdoor wedding! Do you think that the cake will be fine if I keep it refrigerated right until the wedding starts or should I just use fondant? Keep in mind this is Utah-hot and dry

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 3

I did an all butter cream cake a few years ago, in July in Texas! It was an out door wedding for a friend. I kept the cake inside (not in the fridge) during the wedding then brought it outside. They ate and then cut the cake and it held up rather well.

I would suggest they keep it inside until the last possible minute, then not wait around all afternoon/evening to eat it.

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 3

Refrigerate it overnight before you take it and i agree keep it inside until they are ready to cut it. Almost all of my cakes are buttercream and I live in humid ohio. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%