A New Scratch-Off Anyone???

Decorating By Adevag Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 7:33pm by Bluehue

SweetsbySouthernBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbySouthernBelle Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:47pm
post #31 of 34

I have a question for the Aussie cakers. I remember someone saying that mud cakes are one of the most common cakes chosen for Australian weddings, and I remember someone saying that they are great with ganache but not buttercream. So... if you aren't supposed to ice it with buttercream, how do you decorate them for weddings? What kind of techniques do you all need to employ to dazzle your clients?

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:23pm
post #32 of 34

I'm not an Aussie, but I've made Pam's chocolate mudcake many times. It is hands down my favorite cake! It is so chocolatey and delicious! As far as no buttercream, I actually haven't tried it with buttercream, but flavor-wise it just seems to pair better with ganache cream cheese buttercream. You can always cover with ganache and then cover with fondant.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:33pm
post #33 of 34

LOLLLL - i cannot imagine a Chocolate Mud Cake covered in BC - not to say you can't - but seeing as it is such a moist cake and rich in flavour- i just wouldn't do it.

My taste buds just went into a spin at the thought of using Cream Cheese Frosting - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Honestly - this is the one cake that you want to use ganache as a filling and as a shell coat under your fondant...

Bluehue - from the land down under icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:33pm
post #34 of 34

LOLLLL - i cannot imagine a Chocolate Mud Cake covered in BC - not to say you can't - but seeing as it is such a moist cake and rich in flavour- i just wouldn't do it.

My taste buds just went into a spin at the thought of using Cream Cheese Frosting - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Honestly - this is the one cake that you want to use ganache as a filling and as a shell coat under your fondant...

Bluehue - from the land down under icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%