Can I Freeze A Bundt Cake?

Decorating By shanter Updated 8 Jul 2011 , 6:22am by Bluehue

shanter Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 12:15am
post #1 of 7

Can I freeze a Bundt cake and have it still be good when thawed 3 weeks later? How would I wrap it for the freezer?
TIA

6 replies
scp1127 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 5:12am
post #2 of 7

Wrap it tightly with several layers of plastic wrap... no air! To thaw, put it on the counter and do not unwrap it until it is completely thawed.

shanter Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 5:54am
post #3 of 7

Should I wrap the plastic around the ring, so that every surface of the cake is covered? Or can I just wrap the plastic around the cake as a whole, which would leave a pocket if air in the middle? Does it matter?

scp1127 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 5:58am
post #4 of 7

You could wad up some plastic wrap and put it in the middle, then wrap it. You sound just as OCD as I am with my cakes!

Bluehue Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:02am
post #5 of 7

I would wrap the *ring part of the cake* ensuring that every inch is covered in glad wrap / saran wrap.
Any gaps in the wrap can cause moisture to settle - and can cause freezer burn to the cake.

Then wrap as scp1127 said - and all will be fine for you.
Agree - allow to thaw still wrapt - that way your cake will not dry out whilst defrosting

Off Topic - good grief - this is about the 3rd time i have agreed with scp in less than a week -
Next thing you all know we will be caking buddies - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Blue. icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:14am
post #6 of 7

I think there is only one thing we don't agree on. That's not too bad.

Bluehue Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:22am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I think there is only one thing we don't agree on. That's not too bad.

icon_confused.gif - whats that?
Or is it a *who* - lollllllllllll
Blue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%