Newbie Here :-P

Lounge By SweetpeasBakery Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 6:47pm by ForTheLoveOfFrosting

SweetpeasBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetpeasBakery Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 4:55am
post #1 of 13

Hello! I'm 25 and my name's Melissa. I live in northern MA. Up until recently, I have exclusively been a dog groomer, running my own grooming business from home. I've decided to open a cake business in addition (and hopefully fade out grooming!) I've been grooming dogs for almost 5 years and working with them (daycare/kennel/etc) for the 4 years before grooming. So up until now, my life has been dogs!

Anyways, just looking to make some new friends here. I'm kind of a homebody- I'm very health conscious so I don't go out to dinner much. Rarely drink. Don't smoke. I tend to be outdoorsy and enjoy hiking but I also have an artsy side (paint/draw/sketch etc).

So, HELLO ALL! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 5:10am
post #2 of 13

Hi and Welcome to CC, SweetpeasBakery. icon_smile.gif

Look forward to seeing you online. thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 5:21am
post #3 of 13

Hi Sweetpeas, I'm a dog-loving bakery owner. Four dogs of my own plus a visiting dog. Welcome.

SweetpeasBakery Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 5:39am
post #4 of 13

Thanks for the welcomes! Much appreciated! icon_smile.gif I wish CC had a chatroom...

I have 3 dogs of my own: two 15-yr old Jack Russells (brother and sister!) and a little 2 yr old Chi/Corgi X who is the love of my life! I also have a pet rat thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 6:57am
post #5 of 13

Mine is a crazy group: a rescued Pit Bull, Chihuahua, Boston Terrier, a Yorkie I say I gave birth to, and my mom's Shih Tzu (while she is recovering from a stroke).

SweetpeasBakery Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 13

That is quite the diverse group! icon_smile.gif Hope the shih tzu recovers well.

With the 2 JRT's, the male is diabetic and recieves insulin injections 2x/day while the female was diagnosed with glaucoma at 4 yrs old and lost her left eye after a few surgeries to try to save it. She had the lens removed in her right eye also and we were able to save that one though she now is blind anyways.

I've also had a one-eyed sugar glider at one point... I guess I've always had 'different' animals lol. My Chi/Corgi has a heart murmur but luckily it's not real bad. She's a shelter girl.

Love dogs icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 2:46am
post #7 of 13

I had to laugh, even though it's not really funny.... my mom had the stroke. But she is doing well and can expect a full recovery! I try to write clearly, but I missed that time.

SweetpeasBakery Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 10:44pm
post #8 of 13

Oh man- Guess I mistook what you wrote! Hope your Mom's doing well!

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 13

Welcome to Cake central. I also have 3 Jack Russells and a blue Heeler. Would have more animals if my husband woundn't divorce me LOL. you will love it here.

SweetpeasBakery Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 1:55am
post #10 of 13

Hahah- excellent, another animal lover! I've decided that at some point, instead of getting a dog friend for my younger dog who just turned 2 yrs (our other two dogs are 15!) that I'm going to get a mini pig! icon_smile.gif I've had rabbits, ferrets, sugar gliders, cats, birds, fish, turtles, rats, mice, hamsters and I'm sure there's some I'm missing. Crazy. icon_biggrin.gif

scp1127 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:07am
post #11 of 13

I also have a chinchilla that thinks he's a dog. He gets out sometimes and even the Pit Bull likes him. I had a pig as a pet when I was a kid, but she was bigger, a Yorkshire. She was so smart.

SweetpeasBakery Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:41am
post #12 of 13

Aw chins are too cute! I love my man-rat Remy, he's a very sweet boy. People are always creeped out by their tails but rats really are excellent pets. Remy's very affectionate and he knows exactly who his momma is icon_smile.gif

That's really awesome that you used to have a pig! I hear they are quite smart lol

ForTheLoveOfFrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ForTheLoveOfFrosting Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 6:47pm
post #13 of 13

Hi! I'm new too - just logged on to post a newbie thread, too! Can't wait to see some of your creations!

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%