My Filling Is Running Out Of My Cake!!

Decorating By cakeastic Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 5:31pm by mena2002

cakeastic Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 5

So i've done thousands of cakes and this has never happened to me until i tried this new chocolate mousse filling recipe, it was quite runny after i made it but since i always pipe a dome around my filling, i didnt expect it to flow out. So after i placed the second layer of cake, of course half of my filling went out. I placed the cake in the fridge to let the filling firm, but everytime i ice it the filling bulges out! I still need to cover it with fondant. What am i supposed to do, the cake needs to be done by tmw!

4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 5

Honestly I'd take it apart and redo it. If the filling won't hold up outside of the fridge you are just going to keep having problems with it.

ddaigle Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 5

You said the filling was runny...??? Mousse should not be runny. Can you share your recipe? A runny filling is not going to make it. Jellies and puddings, etc. need dams, but none should be "runny".

cakeastic Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 5

Well the recipe says to melt chocolate with butter and whisk in egg yolks. Whip egg whites and heavy cream with sugar (each in a separate bowl)
and fold both into the chocolate mixture.

Anyway, it looks like theres no solution so i think im going to re-do it icon_sad.gif

mena2002 Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 5

Did you allow the chocolate mixture to cool down before you folded in the cream and egg whites?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%