White Edible Markers

Decorating By seikelc Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 3:37pm by Texas_Rose

seikelc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seikelc Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know where I can purchase a white edible marker. Or what can I write with that is white. I can't find anything. Thank you all for your help!!!
Have a great and wonderful day.

3 replies
Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 4

This isn't what you were asking for but it might work. Wilton makes a Sparkle Gel in white. It comes in a small tube with a writing tip.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 4

I too would love to know this!! Many times I have needed one. I used the Americolor bright white and a small paint brush and worked fine....not fabulous, but it did the job. You might have to go over it a second time though if you are painting on a dark color.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 4

I've painted with Wilton white white and a paintbrush before and it worked perfectly.

The best paint brush for writing with is a script liner, which you can get in the paint brush aisle (not the cake decorating aisle) at the craft store. Once you get one, roll out some scrap fondant and practice writing/painting with the paint brush until you're pleased with your results. It doesn't take long to get used to writing with a paintbrush, and then you don't need the edible markers anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%