7" 9" & 11" Round And Square Tins???

Decorating By cutiepiecupcake Updated 4 Jul 2011 , 5:26am by CWR41

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

Ok you can all smack me down with a rolling pin for asking what is probably most obvious to the majority of you cc members.. but please, can someone advise me (the daft baker) on how many serves (Wilton chart serves) the following sized tins yield in both party and wedding slices? Wilton don't list these sizes and I'm left asking myself do I just go for a number in between - like would a 7" = the number between a 6" and an 8" = 18 wedding serves??!!
7"
9"
11"

Thank you!

5 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 1:57am
post #2 of 6

Morning CCC...

Here you go http://www.kakesbykaren.com.au/hints.php

This is from - This is an approximation guide put out by the" Cake Decorators Association Of Western Australia Inc." It appears in the "Icing News For Easter & Mothers Day Volume 22-Issue1 January/February/March 2001" This is the official newsletter of the Cake Decorators Association Of W.A. (Inc)

Wedding cake is traditionally served in 2.5cm/1in square pieces, or 5cm/2in X 1cm/1/2in slices. The information in the table will help to calculate what size cake is needed for the number of guests invited.

Bluehue.

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6

Oh Blue to the rescue icon_wink.gif Thank you.. you are too kind. Hmmm think this may be my new 'refer to' serving chart

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 2:16am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepiecupcake

Oh Blue to the rescue icon_wink.gif Thank you.. you are too kind. Hmmm think this may be my new 'refer to' serving chart

Your welcome - icon_smile.gif
Its in Australian measurements - and can be printed out thumbs_up.gif

Blue

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 2:26am
post #5 of 6

"Finger pieces" 1-inch square pieces are traditionally applied to wedding fruitcake.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 5:26am
post #6 of 6

For square cakes, take the surface sq. inches and divide by two (for a 2" long serving).

Example for 7" square cake: 7x7=49 divided by 2=24.50 servings.

For round cakes, half the diameter equals the radius, the radius squared (times itself) x Pi (3.14) = surface square inches. Take the surface sq. inches and divide by two (for a 2" long serving).

Example for 7" round cake: half of 7=3.50, 3.50 x 3.50=12.25, 12.25 x 3.14=38.47, 38.47 divided by 2=19.24 servings.

or use Metria's cake calculator:
http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cake_calculator_byVolume.cgi

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%