Trademarked Or Copyrighted Images

Lounge By AlamoSweets Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 2:10pm by tazmycat

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 1:08am
post #31 of 40

There is a different way of looking at this issue. How many posts have we seen where someone is upset about their cake design or photos being used by someone else? We do not like when one of our designs is copied, the cake sold, or used in a competition.

The owners of copyrights and trademarks are not happy about the free use of their work, design, logo, etc., with no compensation. After all, they spent the time and money on the work they produce as well as the expenses to protect the investment.

Just a thought.

Michele

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:03am
post #32 of 40

Well-said Sugarflowers. Copyrights, trademarks, and patents are tools used in commerce. With those protections, two things happen. First, it gives the opportunity to spend the time and money to create with the benefit of protection through ownership. Second, it protects the public from cheap copies.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 3:33am
post #33 of 40

I gotta know which Wilton pan! lol

SweetpeasBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetpeasBakery Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 5:38am
post #34 of 40

Just because you CAN get away with something, it doesn't mean you SHOULD...

As an artist myself, I'd be pretty livid if someone copied my artwork regardless of whether they sold it or gave it away. I'd probably be MORE angry if they did give it for free in all truthfulness!

I will NOT be making character cakes or cakes with licensed/trademarked artwork! Whatever happened to being creative? icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 5:43am
post #35 of 40

Sweetpeas, I think we are in the minority. But this is one area where the law will eventually catch up. It's too easy and the processes have already started.

SweetpeasBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetpeasBakery Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 5:55am
post #36 of 40

If this were facebook, I'd "like" your post S. icon_wink.gif It seems we are indeed, a minority. Karma is a &!%@#. icon_wink.gif

scp1127 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 6:01am
post #37 of 40

I was raised, and I raised my kids, to abide by the law of the land. If you don't agree, you can move. Poor countries don't require food handlers' licenses and I don't think Disney is looking in those places for infringements.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:46am
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarflowers

There is a different way of looking at this issue. How many posts have we seen where someone is upset about their cake design or photos being used by someone else?

This inconsistency has been around here for as long as I've been on this site, and it's been pointed out many times. The logic behind "I should be allowed to use any design/character I want but no one else better dare use anything of mine!" has always escaped me. icon_confused.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 1:57pm
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I gotta know which Wilton pan! lol

Dora

It isn't the current cake pan for her, but the previous on.

tazmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazmycat Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 2:10pm
post #40 of 40

I agree w/ "whatever happened to Creative". I would also like to add "Whatever happened to honest and ethical.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%