Packaging Ideas Needed

Baking By bschafers Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 12:12pm by PinkChateau

bschafers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bschafers Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All! I'm going to be doing my first Farmer's Market in a few weeks and am looking for some creative packaging ideas. For the most part, I will be selling a variety of simple, homemade cookies. Any and all ideas are appreciated icon_biggrin.gif TIA!

4 replies
goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 5

look at Martha's website. I always go and look at wedding packing for ideas.

I really like the way cookies look stacked in a cupcakes box with a window. I get the boxes for under $.45/each so it's a great look.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 5

I work the Farmers' Market in our area. Knowing our area will not pay more than Wal-mart pricing, I keep it simple! For regular cookies like the raspberry and chocolate chip, I put three to a small plate (cake size) and cover with press and seal. I put the required information on a paper on top. For the mini cookies, I put 4 in a treat bag and put my required information on a paper stapled to the top of the bag. The bags did not cost very much. It was like 3.50 or less for 100. I'll see if I can find a picture. I did purchase plastic cupcake holders for the them. The type you see at a regular store, but I am going to try some "pie boxes" that I purchased from a cake store that is a little cheaper. I am also going to try to look at some other stores like "Sams" if I get to that area. Good luck!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 5

Or use the small poly bags (treat bags) sold in craft and dollar stores. These cost about one dollar for twenty or thirty bags. Make paper labels with your computer/printer and attach the label with a twist tie or thin curling ribbon. This is a cheap yet attractive way to start packaging. After you know what sells, then you can order more expensive boxes and bags.

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 5

I too sell my cookies at a green market and do very well. Here's a few packaging ideas for you. Treat boxes from Wal-Mart $1 for 8. I put a cookie bag inside with 2 dz. spritz cookies tied with a ribbon. I also used small corsage boxes with a little paper shred and it really makes a pretty presentation. I also used the green paper boxes with shred and a bag tied with ribbon for strawberry cookies. HTH. I have posted a photo in my gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%