Chocolate Mousse Recipe

Baking By sweetdreams1989 Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 4:57am by sweettreat101

sweetdreams1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreams1989 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 7

I am making my sons birthday cake this year and he has a special request. He loves the jello pudding cups and i wanted to try to find a similiar filling i was thinking chocololate mousse ...Does anyone have any good recipes

6 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 12:48am
post #2 of 7

Two cups whipping cream and one small box of instant chocolate fudge pudding. Whip until peaks form. Yum! Nice and stable.

sweetdreams1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreams1989 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:23am
post #3 of 7

thanks so much it seems fast and easy icon_biggrin.gif

funpets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funpets Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:44am
post #4 of 7

would try that too,thanks.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:14am
post #5 of 7

Whipped cream with some chocolate ganache folded in also makes a nice mousse, I use that as cake filling.

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:22am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

Two cups whipping cream and one small box of instant chocolate fudge pudding. Whip until peaks form. Yum! Nice and stable.

Please forgive me for being so naive icon_smile.gif But could you please clarify what exactly you mean when you say that the filling is nice and stable? Stable in that it is firm and holds up under the weight of layers of cake and possibly fondant? Or stable in that it doesn't need refrigeration? TIA icon_smile.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:57am
post #7 of 7

Stable meaning all of my stacked, tiered etc. are all filled with this filling usually vanilla. Will hold up refrigerated for up to one week. Yes I do refrigerate this filling. I tell people that order this filling that it can only be out of the fridge for four hours. I did have a friend leave hers out on the counter for 24 hours and she ate it with no problems. It won't blowout like bavarian cream or gel fillings. I also use it to top pies as it does not melt like whipping cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%