Fruit Filling & Lemon Curd Filling-Sandwich Btwn Butterc

Decorating By jess605 Updated 23 Jun 2011 , 6:03pm by SweetChica

jess605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess605 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a WASC cake tonight that will be one tier, two layers, each layer torted. For fillings, I'm going to alternate between Stonewall Kitchen's lemon curd filling and raspberry filling (the sleeve filling).

Do I need to put a thin layer of buttercream on the cake before I put the layer of filling on? I guess I'm trying to determine if the filling should be sandwiched between a two thin layers of buttercream to avoid having it just soak into the cake.

Any insignt would be helpful.

Also, has anyone ever tried WASC with alternating lemon and raspberry filling layers? I havent, but I think it sounds delish. IF you've tried the combo, how was it?
THanks!!

2 replies
sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 3

I have started doing that....putting a thin layer of buttercream on the cake side underneath fillings. I'm not sure whether it really matters, but it makes me feel better icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't done that exact combination but I've done a lemon WASC with raspberry filling and it was wonderful!

Good luck!

SweetChica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetChica Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 3

I started putting a thin layer of buttercream underneath my fruit fillings becuase the filling would just soak into the cake and I didn't want that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%