Store Bought Fondant

Decorating By Susie0530 Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 1:13pm by Susie0530

Susie0530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie0530 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 3

I have a couple of questions regarding store bought fondant. I don't have enough time to order Pettinice or Satin Ice for a cake at the end of the week and I have run short.

1. I have some Wilton white fondant. What can I do to make it taste better?

2. I tried Duff's black fondant to make a decoration. I added some Tylose (a good amount) and it still will not firm up. It is stiffer than what it was originally but still pretty flexible. Should I use gumpaste instead of tylose?

I'm going to sneak one more question in.....

I painted some gel color mixed with vodka on some white chocolate. How long does it take to dry and is there some way to speed up the process without melting the chocolate?

Thank you for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 3

you can add some candy clay to the fondant or use the candy flavorings(earlene moore's suggestion) and you can put your choc. pieces in front of a fan(that is what i do). hth if you add candy clay to fondant , it is usually 70% fondant to 30% candy clay or modeling chocolate is another name.

Susie0530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie0530 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you icer101 for your help. If I add the candy clay tonight, how long do I have to let it settle before I can use it? And can I go ahead and color it before it settles?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%