Anyone Got A Great Recipe Or Suggestions?

Baking By Erica1263 Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 10:19pm by bobwonderbuns

Erica1263 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erica1263 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hey Everyone...I am fairly new to cake decorating. I am making a cake for my best friends daughter and her husband is not very nice to me. He wanted to get the cake from the bakery in are area. Anyway a long story short...I want to blow everyone away. Thanks so much for any help!!! icon_wink.gif

3 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 4

First I would pick a design I like and then start figuring (and asking) how to do it. There are a gazillion designs in the CC cake gallery, plus you can even type, 'girl's birthday cakes' in Google and get thousands of images.
Find out what kind of cake the girl wants. If she's old enough she may even be able to tell you what she wants her cake to look like and her favorite colors. Then you can go searching.

Know your limitations. If you're a newbie to cake baking and decorating don't pick out a design (like a topsy turvy) that needs carving. Keep it simple, keep the colors bright and when it doubt, add disco dust to make it sparkle!

But first things first...find your design and go from there.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with carmijok. Find out what flavors and theme they want, do some searching and go from there. Of course, we're all willing to help out, but we need more information so we can get specific. Gather some info and then tweet the deets!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 4

Check the info in my signature -- there's lots of ideas and recipes there. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%