How To Find Disney Car Toppers Which Are Not Expensive.

Decorating By shikhamj Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm by sweettreat101

shikhamj Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hello dear cake friends,
I have a disney pixar car cake order for my friend's son. This being my first pixar cake i need some ideas. The cake is for 20 ppl. Please Can anyone suggest where can I find pixar car toppers for low price.. I searched online and each car cost more than $6, and If i buy them, than my cake price goes high out of budget... Please any advise icon_smile.gif

Thank you icon_smile.gif

7 replies
deetmar Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 8

Look on ebay or ask her to provide the car. You can also make it out of fondant, or MMT. My first "Cars" cake, I purchased the Wilton 3D car pan and sculpted it to look like the "Lightning MCQueen". To get more servings I put it on top of a square cake that was decorated to look like a checkered flag. If you look in the gallery for a "Cars" cake, there are some excellent ideas.

sweettreat101 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 12:28am
post #3 of 8

Make them out of Gumpaste or fondant mixed with tylose or purchase a toy from a toy department. My Mario characters are made out of fondant and tylose.

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 12:51am
post #4 of 8

I may be wrong but I thought I saw some Cars toys at Walmart last night for about $3. Just the basic car toys of the different characters. Not 100% sure on the price but I remember thinking they were pretty cheap for Cars toys.

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 8

I always advise the customer that if they wants toys/dolls etc on the cake...They supply them.I don't have time to run around looking for specific toys etc...I have never had an issue with that policy.

lorieleann Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 8

The small dye-cast cars are $3.95 not on sale for the basic models. The ones with submarine or wings for Finn or Holly are $7.

SHYLERScakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 8

When someone orders a character cake from me, I always add at least $10.00 to the total price for toppers and I always advise the client of this extra charge and why. I never make any copyrighted characters myself (don't want to get into trouble!) so I make sure to tell the client that they may provide their own or I will purchase it for them. I order them from amazon, ebay, birthday express, or birthday direct.

sweettreat101 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 8

Target toy department. Huge cars selection to choose from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%