Removing A Beer Bottle Label?

Decorating By sweetbrantleys Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 8:20pm by creativeconfections

sweetbrantleys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbrantleys Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 4

I made some sugar beer bottles finally, but don't have the tools for edible images to make the label. I'm just going to use real labels from the beer bottles. Does anyone have a good trick or method to remove the paper labels without damage?

3 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 4

Good luck. I use Goo be Gone, but it mutilates the lablel. I think if you are willing to use paper then I would just print some of the computer onto paper. Search under images of... If you need to crop just use the print screen feature and paste into paint, crop and print.

sweetbrantleys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbrantleys Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 4

thank you! I actually just soaked them in some ice water for a little while and was able to get them off pretty easily! but I need to get familiar with using edible images.

creativeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativeconfections Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 4

I did some research on this on the internet. I guess there are people who collect these from around the world to impress their friends on what beers they have consumed. The best way I have found is place an empty dry bottle in a 250 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes. This melts or loosens up the glue that is on the back of the label. With a razor blade, you can slowly slide behind the label. Take your time so not to tear the label. If you find that the glue cools off, you can place the bottle back in the oven for a few more minutes and try again. Patience is the key. I went through a whole six pack to get a full set of labels for one bottle (not that I am complaining). I also learned through my searching that european beer labels use different glues than domestic beers plus some labels are considered metallic and others are paper. I thought it was the contents that mattered. Hope this helps some !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%