Hope To Make The Switch From Home Business To Shop...

Business By CiNoRi Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 3:09am by LoveMeSomeCake615

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 12:14am
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I am hoping to move from working out of my home to a store front in the very near future.

was curious if any of you shop owners out there can give me insite on where you get your supplies? Up till now i use GSA, Sams, and my local grocery for the most part. But im curious as to what you all do. Buying habits, where you buy from/locations, tips for keeping stock etc..

Also I guess info on Kitchen equipment would be appreciated too. Do you rent, buy, etc?

I know locale will play a huge role but im open to any and all info you might have!

Thanks so much

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 12:23am
post #2 of 3

We use GSA for fondant, but most of our other ingredients are bought from Amazon, Target, Costco, grocery stores, and the local restaurant supply store (Restaurant Depot, they have a location in Charlotte).

By the way, you have some very nice cakes there and great photography work. You might want to remove pictures of cakes with copyrighted characters though (e.g. Spongebob, Lego) unless you've gotten prior permission from the copyright owners.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 3:09am
post #3 of 3

We aren't there yet, but we are working towards it as well. You can find a lot of good deals on equipment (ovens, sinks, bakery cases, etc.) on craigslist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%