Advice Please For New Business

Business By Peg3 Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 2:49pm by costumeczar

Peg3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peg3 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 4

I would appreciate your feedback & advice for my business start-up ideas. I plan to start a business in CO selling cupcake stands, cake pop stands, and misc. cake decorating equipment. I'm also considering selling cake pops & cupcakes if I can secure an affordable retail location. I may start out as a website retailer to build clients. No one sells reasonably priced
cupcake or cake pop stands locally, and I want to secure this niche & provide a service to local bakers. I can rent a commercial kitchen hourly to prep edibles. I'd appreciate any comments from the veterans on this site. Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:54am
post #2 of 4

Have you written a complete business plan?

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 4

Do you have any specific questions? I make cake pedestals and i sell them on etsy, would you be looking to do something similar? Etsy is a great place to start, because there's lots of like-minded creatives types on the site, and people go there specifically looking for cool handmade items. My cake pedestals are selling great, so it might be worth looking into to.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg3

I would appreciate your feedback & advice for my business start-up ideas. I plan to start a business in CO selling cupcake stands, cake pop stands, and misc. cake decorating equipment. I'm also considering selling cake pops & cupcakes if I can secure an affordable retail location. I may start out as a website retailer to build clients. No one sells reasonably priced
cupcake or cake pop stands locally, and I want to secure this niche & provide a service to local bakers. I can rent a commercial kitchen hourly to prep edibles. I'd appreciate any comments from the veterans on this site. Thanks icon_smile.gif

You're also going to have to figure out what you mean by "reasonably priced." If you're a customer looking for "reasonably priced" it might be a whole lot lower than the same thing will mean if you're the person having to make them yourself and sell them to make a decent profit that will sustain a business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%