Mold For Beer Bottle Materials?

Sugar Work By sweetbrantleys Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 7:15am by Kenikenmaui

sweetbrantleys Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 10

where can you find the products to make the mold beside online? do they sell anything to make this at a craft store like Joann's? Someone is asking me for this design at very short notice. Trying to see if I can make the mold in time without ordering online. Thank you in advance icon_smile.gif

9 replies
MFARAH1020 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 10

I used this video to make my mold and it came out great, I bought the liquid silicone at Michael's.

Please see my beer bucket cake.

sweetbrantleys Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 10

thank you so much!! you used isomalt as well? the flippin volume is stuck on mute on my laptop... :/ I'm going to have to go to my husbands office tomorrow to watch it.. lame!

MFARAH1020 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 10

No, I used corn syrup and regular sugar (1 cup of sugar and one cup of corn syrup). To me it works perfect and it is cheaper.

sweetbrantleys Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 1:00am
post #5 of 10

thanks again!

Smashme Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:38am
post #6 of 10

wow thats a lot cheeper than the ones i've been looking at, but is it food safe? and can you use it for chocolate?

Kenikenmaui Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the afordable tips! Would anybody suggest using 1 cup equal sugar and corn syrup for a wine bottle that's bigger than beer bottle? Wondering how much. Would it be possible to mold half the bottle then bring the two together for a full bottle with bottom? I would like to make my wine bottle suspened over the cake. Thanks ope for ideas.

Kenikenmaui Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:13am
post #8 of 10

Ok, so I decided to give this a try because I really need sugar bottles however in the video the female states she use 15 plus coats. Her bottles are nice and thick. I am up to 24 coats on the 3 bottles I'm making and I can still see thru them. I started off with thin layers am I suppose to apply thicker coats now? I've been coating for 2 days now. Thanks

sgalvan62 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:38am
post #9 of 10

Hi, i also used mold builders to make my mold (beer barrell in my pic's) i put a little thicker as i went along ,took about 15 coats in 5 days, don't give up! icon_biggrin.gif

Kenikenmaui Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 7:15am
post #10 of 10

Lol ok thanks, I was second guessing. I live on Maui so it's very hard finding any craft items. I lucked up and found mold builder for $25!!!!!!! Yes very high because of island living. Ugh! icon_sad.gif thinking about ordering some from amazon but my shipping will still be high. Oh well

Quote by @%username% on %date%