Second Time Filling A Cake...

Decorating By tullicious Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 2:42pm by Monkess

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 4

I'm working on my second ever filled cake. This one is a half sheet double layer. I piped my dam, (I even did two rings of the dam), and then put my raspberry filling in. I made sure not to fill above the dam. It was at least a full inch from the edge. Then I put my top layer on and had to fridge it cuz it's cream cheese frosting. I left it in there about an hour to settle before I frosted it. Oops... had some leakage. I tried to clean it up, shoved it in, piped some more frosting on the edge, and then frosted the cake. This morning there's still a tiny bit of leakage. Is there anything I can do to fix this now? Guess I need more practice, huh? icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 4

I would prob try to get it cold and than put a thicker layer of icing on. That is about all you can do, it sounds like you just put to much filling in, it is suppose to be a thin layer of filling. Hope it works out

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 4

Try making your damm icing a thicker consistency than your regular icing. I use a very thick buttercream (i can almost roll a ball with it) and pipe it as my damm. It holds up very well and doesn't leak. It even holds up in 98 degree weather!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 4

1.) Use really stiff icing to pipe the dam 2.) Pipe your dam atleast 1" inside the cake, that way when u put on the top it will shift out but still not ooze out. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%