Where Do You Buy Your Sixlets?

Decorating By Sorelle Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 9:47pm by Sorelle

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 4:38am
post #1 of 12

I just purchased 2 1/2 # of pearlized Sixlets for $15.63 plus over $13.00 for shipping. Does anybody know of a cheaper place to buy them? Is that a good price I shopped around on-line first but this still seems so expensive, especially after I received them an saw the size of the bag.

Thanks

( I'd sure like to see peeps post good prices on cake supplies, I try to post when I see good prices on fondant. I think in this economy it would be helpful.)

11 replies
Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 5:12am
post #2 of 12

They have them at Hobby Lobby (don't remember the colors) for $5.99 for 14 oz. I wait until they are 50% off (in bridal) or use a 40% coupon.

I also saw them at Party City, but did not see the price.

Vonda

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 11:14am
post #3 of 12

I get mine from wine and cake hobbies in Norfolk, VA. I don't remember what the shipping was, but they were 5.95 per lb. Here is the link: http://www.wineandcake.com/browse.cfm/everyday/2,397.html
HTH!

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 12

Walmart or the Dollar Tree have them. May not be the amount you want, but they are very inexpensive at either place.

Beansss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beansss Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 12

Just curious - what do you use the sixlets for???

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 12

Down South they seem to have them at every Dollar General (which seems to have sprung up on every corner down here). They only have the standard ones (orange yellow red brown blue etc) and seasonal ones (valentines pink white dark pink red) and I dont think I have ever seen the pearlized ones/or single color ones in a store.

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:08pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansss

Yes, I would also like to know icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:16pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili5768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansss

Yes, I would also like to know icon_smile.gif

I have a little mermaid cake in my pics... I used them for the "pearls". They are really pretty, and with all he different colors available, they are a nice option for borders...

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:21pm
post #10 of 12

I'm in the Chicago area and our local Michaels stores just clearanced those and the colored M&M's out. All the local Party City stores carry them in quite a few colors. I'd be happy to check the price and ship them to you you if you'd like.

After Easter I went to Wal-Mart and they had big bags of Sixlets in these little sleeves (maybe 10-12 in each). I bought six bags at $1.25 each and just sorted them all. Now I have white, pink, orange, yellow, green and aqua blue. icon_biggrin.gif

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 12

I have used the brown ons for meatballs on some spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes. I have also used them for borders an such.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:47pm
post #12 of 12

The white pearl looking ones make a beautiful border on wedding cakes and they of course taste way better than fondant pearls and I don't have to dust them because the "pearl" is already on them. plus I don't have to use my pearl mold (they wear out so fast)
You can buy them in bulk in really pretty colors lime, hot pink purple etc... I bought this last bunch at "Bulk Candy Store an on-line store out of Lake Worth, Florida
Anyway thanks for all the responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%