I have a few questions that I need answered and I'm sure they can be answered on here ^^
1)What can I use to make the structure of a little model? Would fondant be ok?
2)Where do I get a variety of colours of Fondant?
3) Last but not least....If I can't get the right shade of fondant...how do I colour it?
Thanks for your time
By structure, do you mean the skeleton of your model? Or the bulk of your model? I use floral wire to support fondant figures and just tell people they can't eat them.
You can get many different brands of fondant in multiple colors on line. If you don't have a cake store near you that will be your best option. Satin Ice come in a bunch of colors as does Fondex and Fondariffic (though Fondariffic can be hard to work with).
If it doesn't come in the color you want/need then you have to use gel or powdered food coloring to tint it yourself. Get yourself a color wheel and experiment.
I mix gum tragacanth powder onto fondant so that it dries firmer/stronger for figurines. About 1tsp per 500g fondant. Knead it in, then wrap the fondant up well and let it rest for a few hours before using.
Really sorry guys :l
Couple more questions....
1) How can I stick fondant decorations on fondant?
2) And what can I use to paint details on the fondant?
1) I orefer piping gel, but you can use anything that wets the fondant, it makes it sticky
2) I use food coloring (usually gel colors) or eadible paint.
You can use water... just don't use too much. I use gum glue made grom CMC powder (tylose) and water because I have it on hand, but water will work too.
I like powdered colors diluted in water for painting... the gel colors don't dry fully for quite some time.