Cake Cricut

Decorating By dreamdelights Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 3:26am by labmom

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:51am
post #1 of 5

I hated my cricut when I first opened it. After reading the forums I did what one person suggested. I rolled out the fondant on the mat and let it set overnight and then cut. It was perfect easy to pick up no sticking, no tearing and dragging. The downside is I need to buy more mats.

4 replies
hbarberycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbarberycakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:07am
post #2 of 5

thank you for posting this! I was about to start doing test runs on my cricut icon_smile.gif

hbarberycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbarberycakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:07am
post #3 of 5

thank you for posting this! I was about to start doing test runs on my cricut icon_smile.gif

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:25am
post #4 of 5

Mine has been sitting in the box for months, after my first & only failed attempt. Thanks for the tip

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:26am
post #5 of 5

the fondant that you use. Is it homemade or is it a certain brand.
I would be afraid that it would be too dry and the crucut cuts would just break apart.
another question how thick are you rolling out the fondant? I am so interested in starting to use mine but either I have no time to play with it or if I have time I am to tired and just don't want to look at anything cake.

I can't wait to try this.. I have used the sheets that came with it and tried with some real fondant but the results were not usable. And it wasn't anything fancy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%