Cake Stacking Systems

Decorating By divinecc Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 5:27pm by divinecc

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I have heard of SPS and stress free supports..... are there any other systems out there you know of? I would like to look at all my options!

4 replies
divinecc Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 5

So no one else has heard of anything different?
icon_confused.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

Cake jacks but I use the stress free system myself. I did by the SPS for a cake last weekend and didn't end up using it. The legs come 4" which after filling and covering in fondant my cakes were 4 1/4". This is why I like my stress free supports all I have to do is adjust the legs. I honesty don't know why they don't make supports 4 1/4 inch high. Most pans are 2" so you have to take in to account for frosting and fillings. I do want to try the cardboard dowels that Edna uses. I just didn't have time to place an order before this last cake. They come in 4 1/2 and 12" lengths and can easily be cut with a serrated knife and only cost .24 each. The only draw back is you have to spend 20.00. For me that was about 87 dowels. You can see them in Tonedna1 video on how to stack a cake. If you want the info let me know I will post it for you. They are in NC.

divinecc Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so muck, I would like the info icon_smile.gif

divinecc Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 5

Nevermind, I found some...thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%