Help Please - Calla Lilies

Decorating By believer Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 6:47pm by mombabytiger

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 7

I have a bridal shower cake. The bride's colors are purple and silver. I want to do purple and white calla lilies. If the lilies are purple should I make the little thing in the middle purple? I am also doing some whitle should the little thing in the middle be white? Thanks

6 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 7

I think the centre is always yellow no matter what colour . although I think the white ones you can use a greenish centre in .

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 7

If they want realistic looking flowers you should make the middle bit yellow. If they want fantasy flowers which look like callas then you can do them any colour you want. If you go on google image search and put in calla lily it brings up all the different colours the petal can be.

HTH

rpaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rpaige Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 7

Just did callas for a wedding cake - bride's colors were purple and orange (really odd colors but the bride managed to pull them together well). I did some callas purple with yellow centers - (which I preferred) and then I did some purple with purple centers. Used purple and white sanding sugar mixed together, misted the stamen with water and rolled it in the sanding sugar. Did the same combo with the orange lillies - some orange with yellow centers and then the orange stamen with orange and white sanding sugars. The yellow centers seemed a bit more tasteful and original. The ones with sanding sugars were going to used with cupcakes which she thought the children would enjoy - more whimsical. Hope this helps!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 7

I made calla lilies for a cake in march and the lady wanted them all white. I did white centers and dusted a little green down in the very bottom and dusted them with pearl luster dust. She loved them. Tonedna has a cake pictured with purple calla lilies. http://webhosting.web.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=300&linkpath=http://www.designmeacake.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/weddings/.pond/purplecallas.JPG.w300h433.jpg&target=tlx_pic33n3

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks, everyone

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 7

Edna also has a really good YouTube video on making calla lillies. Very fast and easy. Or at least it is when she does it...Me, not so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%