Grad Cake Help!

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 5:52am by cabecakes

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 5

I posted earlier but its gone... let me try again!

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a plan for a Graduation cake due this week.

The cake needs to feed 40 or so, and my initial plan was to bake up a 9x13.
The girl is graduating from high school and going on to East Carolina University (the mascots are the pirates, colors purple and yellow).

I want to do a graduation cap <probably using a 6" round> then make a gumpaste diploma. from there i think everything else should be pirate themed in some way. I was thinking of doing a sword, maybe a pirate flag, etc.

My problem is i dont want it to look like a borring sheet cake! icon_wink.gif Do you have any ideas on what I could do? (the only thing is i dont want to make it look like a book, i have done soooooooo many of those lately... im ready for something else! lol)

TIA

4 replies
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 5

What about doing it like a tiered cake. You can use a 6 inch cake and halve of a ball cake to make the cap as the top tier and put the diploma next to it. Then decorate the bottom tier with a pirate theme. Search pirate in the gallaries and I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas.

Pandamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pandamas Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 5

How about a treasure map?

lindyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindyo Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 5:05am
post #4 of 5

What about a treasure chest and the graduation cap and diploma is the treasure coming out of the chest with jewels and items colored with the colors of the college.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 5:52am
post #5 of 5

What about a RKT pirate ship flying the jolly roger in the school colors sailing across the sheet cake toward a golden X marking East Carolina University. You could put the ship on one corner with the X in the diagonal corner and a dotted line like a treasure map in between the two points.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%