Tips On Fbct

Decorating By CakeCrystal5308 Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 10:55pm by CakeCrystal5308

CakeCrystal5308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystal5308 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 4

Hello!

I was wondering, it is something I am going to try anyways but wanted some input, tips etc anyways

For FBCT, can you essentially, say you make a zebra striped heart, freeze it then once it hardens, you put it on a cupcake....... now... will it stay looking like a heart (the way it froze) or will it thaw and change shape? considering a cupcake isn't perfectly flat... will it shape to the cupcake?

Please let me know what you think, or know, or have experienced....

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 4

It will shape to the cupcake more or less.

Think about how buttercream would feel if you spread it on a piece of wax paper (before you froze it). If you didn't have anything hard under the wax paper it would bend. That is how the FBCT will be once it thaws, which is quickly. It doesn't remain hard, it would be like any other buttercream decorations.

Now if you were laying it on a cupcake that was iced mostly flat (as opposed to a cupcake with a swirl) it would remain in the shape of the heart, it would just curve to the top of the cupcake.

If you want something that would hold it's flat shape away from the curve of the cupcake, then I'd do some fondant cutouts that were hardened, color flow or royal icing piece or a chocolate transfer.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 4

I concur with Texas sugar. The frozen transfer will soften and take on the shape of the cupcake. It may also break apart. Fondant cut outs are your best bet, and, much less time consuming. A heart cutter, a few hand cut strips to make the zebra stripes, adhere the stripes to the hearts and you're done.

CakeCrystal5308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystal5308 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 4

I have made them already (in my pics you can see) but I hand painted the stripes on. But I personally am a buttercream person...and I'm never in a hurry as caking is my "de-stressor" so I really indulge into it when I can, so I have been (slowly) finding ways to make the buttercream designs that I like that fondant is generally used for.

Thanks for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%