Cupcake Case Sizes

Baking By sanmarco5 Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 7:40pm by sanmarco5

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 11:47am
post #1 of 12

Hi, I wondered if you all could tell me what size cases you use for your cupcakes, I have been buying the paper cases that I get at my local supermarket (Morrisons in UK) I bought my pan there too & the cases fit the pan perfectly, I love the cases, but they very often run out & only have one design (pastel colours with polka dots, which I adore but they arent always suitable for all occasions), I have ordered various cases from the internet (ebay & shops) but they are always slightly bigger (even though the sizes stated in the listing are only a fraction bigger I figured they would be roughly the same) so dont quite fit in my pan you have to oush them down (or they go down as you put cake mix in) then often get a small kink' or fold in the side of the case, I am wondering if it is my pan that is on not standard size??
Thanks

11 replies
stephkelsey Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 12

I have also had this problem! I bought two muffin pans from Tesco which I assumed were larger than standard cake tins but I have yet to find any cases which fit! Muffin cases are too large and so I get the same kink you're describing, and the fairy cake style cases are too small.. it is so frustrating! I can only assume that it is the pan size which is the issue, but if anyone has any more information I would also appreciate it!

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephkelsey

I have also had this problem! I bought two muffin pans from Tesco which I assumed were larger than standard cake tins but I have yet to find any cases which fit! Muffin cases are too large and so I get the same kink you're describing, and the fairy cake style cases are too small.. it is so frustrating! I can only assume that it is the pan size which is the issue, but if anyone has any more information I would also appreciate it!




I just measured & the morrisons ones are the same bottom measurement as all the others, but just about 3/4 of an inch less on the sides, so they dont open up as wide at the top and thats why they fit the pan, the holes in the pan measure just over 6" whereas the larger cases are nearer 7 across the top, but everywhere i look on the internet the cases are the larger size so I am assuming the morrisons ones are not standard, which is a shame as i find it a much nicer size,and they fit better on my acrylic stand! think i will just have to bulk buy when they have them, and use polkadot cases for everything!! they did have silver/gold & red foil at christmas shame i didnt stock up then!

Valkstar Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 12

I had that problem with my old tins too. I was using the Dr. Oetker muffin cases that are sold in supermarkets...now I order my cases from cakecraft world.

I bought new muffin tins from Argos and they are fantastic. The brand is Prestige and the cupcakes fit perfectly in them. They're also very non stick and easy to clean.

HTH

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkstar

I had that problem with my old tins too. I was using the Dr. Oetker muffin cases that are sold in supermarkets...now I order my cases from cakecraft world.

I bought new muffin tins from Argos and they are fantastic. The brand is Prestige and the cupcakes fit perfectly in them. They're also very non stick and easy to clean.

HTH




I believe my pan is prestige, I will check later, it is quite heavy with rubberised handles, but doesnt fit well into the oven, can you send a link to the argos ones?

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:29pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmarco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkstar

I had that problem with my old tins too. I was using the Dr. Oetker muffin cases that are sold in supermarkets...now I order my cases from cakecraft world.

I bought new muffin tins from Argos and they are fantastic. The brand is Prestige and the cupcakes fit perfectly in them. They're also very non stick and easy to clean.

HTH



I believe my pan is prestige, I will check later, it is quite heavy with rubberised handles, but doesnt fit well into the oven, can you send a link to the argos ones?




no problem I found the prestige ones on argos, they are buy one get one half price too i think!!

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 12

I looked on cake craft world & they all vary so much in size! which ones do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks for your help

stephkelsey Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 12

Thankyou, I just reserved one of those prestige pans on the Tesco website and will pick it up when I'm home from uni tomorrow.

It's my first time making cakes for someone other than my family tomorrow (it's just for a friend's sister's birthday) and I want them to come out right!

Valkstar Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 12

Typical....it's not on sale here icon_rolleyes.gif Ah well I have four of them already icon_lol.gif

I bought a selection of different colours on cakecraftworld. Here's the page:

http://www.cakecraftworld.co.uk/products.asp?cc=85&scc=203

The measurements are 50 x 38 x 70, and they are all greaseproof lined.

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:48pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkstar

Typical....it's not on sale here icon_rolleyes.gif Ah well I have four of them already icon_lol.gif

I bought a selection of different colours on cakecraftworld. Here's the page:

http://www.cakecraftworld.co.uk/products.asp?cc=85&scc=203

The measurements are 50 x 38 x 70, and they are all greaseproof lined.



Maybe i am looking at the wrong pans, its on argos, buy one get one half price

Valkstar Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmarco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkstar

Typical....it's not on sale here icon_rolleyes.gif Ah well I have four of them already icon_lol.gif

I bought a selection of different colours on cakecraftworld. Here's the page:

http://www.cakecraftworld.co.uk/products.asp?cc=85&scc=203

The measurements are 50 x 38 x 70, and they are all greaseproof lined.


Maybe i am looking at the wrong pans, its on argos, buy one get one half price




No you're right....they are on half price on the UK website. On the Irish website they aren't.

sanmarco5 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 7:40pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmarco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkstar

Typical....it's not on sale here icon_rolleyes.gif Ah well I have four of them already icon_lol.gif

I bought a selection of different colours on cakecraftworld. Here's the page:

http://www.cakecraftworld.co.uk/products.asp?cc=85&scc=203

The measurements are 50 x 38 x 70, and they are all greaseproof lined.


Maybe i am looking at the wrong pans, its on argos, buy one get one half price



No you're right....they are on half price on the UK website. On the Irish website they aren't.




How annoying!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%