New Cupcake Carrier, Check This Out

Baking By thin4life Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm by mplaidgirl2

thin4life Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:20am
post #1 of 38
37 replies
Cupcations Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:24am
post #2 of 38

Its a first timer for me...
It looks convenient.... but I dont think I can trust it lol icon_rolleyes.gif ....
Has anyone tried it before? Feedback??

Bluehue Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:42am
post #3 of 38

icon_confused.gif don't know if i would want to stack 4 dozen of my creations and then carry them over my shoulder - irrkkkk.

Lollll - i am a fast walker - my creations would end up swinging left to right and then end up looking like the inside of a cake ball - icon_rolleyes.gif

No, think i shall stick with what i use.. as it can be used for either cupcakes or just a cake.
http://www.thecupcakecourier.com.au/shop-now/the-cupcake-courier/the-cupcake/


Bluehue

Cupcations Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:13am
post #4 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

icon_confused.gif don't know if i would want to stack 4 dozen of my creations and then carry them over my shoulder - irrkkkk.

Lollll - i am a fast walker - my creations would end up swinging left to right and then end up looking like the inside of a cake ball - icon_rolleyes.gif

No, think i shall stick with what i use.. as it can be used for either cupcakes or just a cake.
http://www.thecupcakecourier.com.au/shop-now/the-cupcake-courier/the-cupcake/


Bluehue




My thoughts exactly thumbs_up.gif

Tug Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:50am
post #5 of 38

This does not look stable. Notice the picture of her holding the tray in front....the cupcakes appear to be "hugged" !

MadMillie Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:52am
post #6 of 38

I would go with the Cupcake Courier. I bought 2 at Costco less than 3 months ago for less than $20 each.

Bluehue Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:58am
post #7 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMillie

I would go with the Cupcake Courier. I bought 2 at Costco less than 3 months ago for less than $20 each.



Best Australian invention re caking thumbs_up.gif

Tug - yes, thats what i noticed - you would want it blown up to its fullest extent i would think -

Cupcations imagine your beautiful piped creations in one of those icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif



Blue.

MadMillie Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:02am
post #8 of 38

The newer version also has plastic sheets you can lay over the cupcake holes allowing you to carry cookies or a cake. It is very versatile.

Bluehue Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:08am
post #9 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMillie

The newer version also has plastic sheets you can lay over the cupcake holes allowing you to carry cookies or a cake. It is very versatile.




I lay a pieces of faom core board that i have had cut to size - then place cut to size non skid mat on top of that - over the holes of my cupcake hole indentations - and lay my cookies on that - works a treat - and safe as.

I am wondering if cupcakes or cookies might sweat in the blow up carrier

Blue.

imartsy Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:38am
post #10 of 38

Yikes it just looks kinda unstable to me.... and that seems a little expensive for some plastic with air in it.....

Candice56 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:59am
post #11 of 38

I''d buy the other one The Cupcake Courier has anyone see this other stores than Costco, I don't have a Costco by me.

Candice56 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:02am
post #12 of 38

Can you imagine that blow up carrier getting a pin hole and not realizing until your slaved over cupcakes are sitting on one another getting smashed in the seat next to you LOL..

mena2002 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:06am
post #13 of 38

Never seen it before, but I agree with everyone else, it looks unstable

cheriej Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:08am
post #14 of 38

I would not use that. I looks too unstable plus think about the heat build up in a plastic contraption. Forget it. I've never liked the courier either. I had a lady show up at an event and she had one of those. It isn't too stable and had tilted on the drive over. Her cupcakes were a mess!

Someone on cc had a link to a plastic piece with indentations for each cupcake. I use those so they are single layer and put them either on a non stick/slide surface in my car. Never had any trouble or tumbling cupcakes after that!

Bluehue Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:17am
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheriej

I would not use that. I looks too unstable plus think about the heat build up in a plastic contraption. Forget it.


I've never liked the courier either. I had a lady show up at an event and she had one of those. It isn't too stable and had tilted on the drive over. Her cupcakes were a mess!
You must be joking - obviously she didn't have it sitting level to start with - more fool her -

Someone on cc had a link to a plastic piece with indentations for each cupcake. I use those so they are single layer and put them either on a non stick/slide surface in my car.

Never had any trouble or tumbling cupcakes after that!
"after that" icon_confused.gif - proves my point - i have never had a tumbling cupcake or cake thanks to the cupcake courier - and my biggest order was 420 cupcakes for a wedding plus a two tier cake which was also transported in seperate CCC (stacked on site) - perhaps you should invest in one of the food safe CCC - as not only are they safe but they look very proffessional when delivering an order... icon_smile.gif
No way would i have single layer containers floating around in my car uncovered when delievering cupcakes - or a cake for that matter... especially when delivering large orders.
Bluehue


Chonte Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:38am
post #16 of 38

i think this was just a bad idea. i'll stick with the cupcake courier

HomemadeUpgrade Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 7:24pm
post #17 of 38

That is the most ridiculous thing I've eve seen. I also use the CCC and LOVE it. I've never had a problem with cupcakes or cakes being disturbed at all in the CCC.

thin4life Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:08am
post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomemadeUpgrade

That is the most ridiculous thing I've eve seen. I also use the CCC and LOVE it. I've never had a problem with cupcakes or cakes being disturbed at all in the CCC.




I totally agree, it looks very unstable, the CCC is so much better.

andpotts Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:02pm
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice56

I''d buy the other one The Cupcake Courier has anyone see this other stores than Costco, I don't have a Costco by me.




I ordered mine at Overstock.com and I can do nothing but sing the praises of them. Almost everyone who sees me with it goes out and buys one.

This blow up one, while an interesting idea, seems a little weird to me and a lot more work than nescessary. Here's another vote for the Cupcake Courier if you're looking for an excellent cupcake transportation solution!

Candice56 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 10:41pm
post #20 of 38

andpotts thank you for giving me this information I will check Overstock.com. icon_biggrin.gif

Chonte Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:00pm
post #21 of 38

maybe it would be fun for a cupcake pool party? lol floating cupcakes anyone?

warchild Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:24pm
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMillie

I would go with the Cupcake Courier. I bought 2 at Costco less than 3 months ago for less than $20 each.




Oh I could just cry everytime I see how much cheaper they are now. I bought mine when they first became available online. With the cost of the courier and shipping to my part of Canada, I paid a smidge under $74 bucks. *sigh*

warchild Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:30pm
post #23 of 38

As for the over the shoulder plastic cupcake sling, no thanks. To flimsy, no proper balance for the cupcakes, and too weird looking to ever trust.

Candice56 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:54pm
post #24 of 38

Holy Cow warchild you paid a lot but then it was something new on the market and the price is always high when something brand new comes along.

LaWmn223 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:00pm
post #25 of 38

I got mine from Amazon and I love it.....I have used it as a flower holder when I was making a lot of flowers and needed to be able to move them quickly when the family showed up...just filled the cups with cotton balls...placed the flowers in each one...put the lid back on and tranported them to another part of the house....oh how do I love thee thumbs_up.gif

EmilyJo9 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:11pm
post #26 of 38

WOW! I would definitely not invest in that inflatable thing... very unstable. I'd rather put them in a cardboard box before the inflatable thing. Go with the Cupcake Courier. I got mine for $20 on Amazon and it holds 36 cupcakes or a two tier cake! It's great and sturdy!

10xHigh Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:48pm
post #27 of 38

I got mine at JCPenny's for $19.00 it comes with two and I have another set that will snap to the other two and make it four high. it has little holders to hold a dozen but usually dont use the insert and I can fit one and a half dozen per box. My cupcakes stay fresh and the shape allows for an easier time of making room in the fridge.


Image

airedalian Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:50pm
post #28 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice56

Holy Cow warchild you paid a lot but then it was something new on the market and the price is always high when something brand new comes along.



My dad is an early adopter. I think we owned the first microwave ever made. And then we had that microwave long (long ... long...) after they were smaller/better/had more settings/etc., because he'd paid so much for it.

When I went to Overstock to look for a cupcake carrier this is the first thing that came up:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Fox-Run-Cupcake-to-Go-Carriers-Pack-of-3/5395375/product.html?rcmndsrc=2


Um, am I missing something or is it really a "pack of 3" for $22?

andpotts Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 10:28pm
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedalian

[When I went to Overstock to look for a cupcake carrier this is the first thing that came up: Um, am I missing something or is it really a "pack of 3" for $22?




Yeah, that's not it, they have a rotating stock, so just don't have them right now.

The product name is Cupcake Courier here is a link to their website, it is awesome. I was lucky, there was a sale and I got two of them for $15 each at Overstock, one was intended to save for a gift, but I seriously loved it so much I kept both! icon_smile.gif

http://www.cupcakecourier.com/

warchild Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 10:33pm
post #30 of 38

10xhigh, your picture is 10xtimes high! It's making the thread look 10x high!! Could you reduce it just a weeee bit? Like maybe 10xlower. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%