Just Curious. How Much Would U Charge For These Cake Pops?

Decorating By Bettyviolet101 Updated 31 May 2011 , 4:50pm by jason_kraft

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:20am
post #1 of 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQlCqK1y35k&NR=1

They are so stinken cute! Do people just charge the same as they would a serving of cake?

5 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:43am
post #2 of 6

If you go to their website, they charge from $17 up to $29 per dozen. We used to do cakeballs at the bakery I worked for and we got $21 per dozen plus extra for any extra design on them...which was nothing like these!

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:45am
post #3 of 6

lol wow go to the website thats a novel idea! icon_smile.gif 21 per dozen? Thats pretty nuts! Thos were the prettiest ones I have ever seen!!!

keriofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriofcakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 6:11am
post #4 of 6

For the basic ones I would charge no less than $2 per pop (even the simplest ones are still time consuming!) For custom ones, it does not surprise me to charge $3-$4 depending on the detailing.

Those are some gorgeous cake pops!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 11:44am
post #5 of 6

I just did 18 monkey cakepops this week and boy they are alot of work.They took me about 5 hours from start to finish.I charged $3.00 each...I can make more money on a cake in less time.I didn't really enjoy making them either.Too fiddle diddle...

They are very cute and I will make them for my kids etc...but I doubt any customers would be willing to pay $5.00 each just for your time...

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I can make more money on a cake in less time.

Same here...to get an equivalent profit margin to cake on even basic cake pops we would need to charge in the range of $3.50-$4 each. The market really doesn't support that price so we don't make cake pops.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%