Any Clue On How To Do This....

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 30 May 2011 , 5:39pm by platinumlady

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 30 May 2011 , 7:51am
post #1 of 4

I have a dear friend of mine that is starting her cake business or shall I say in the process. She is going to use the same incubator kitchen (Ennovation Center) that I use & you have to have all licenses before you can bake there.

She is currently going to school & taking care of her kids. Right now she is only a hobby baker. So there's no "extra" money coming in. She really is excited about getting her licenses so she can start making money from making cakes.

So we are trying to brainstorm some ways to get going but not be illegal at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas on how she can raise some money or something she can do? I am drawing a blank right now. I kinda thought about have a bake sale with a garage sale but would she still need her license to sale at a bake sale?

I don't want to steer her wrong because I started out illegal & didn't know at 1st it was wrong. But when I found out .... thankfully I was able to hurry & get my licenses...

I really want to help her out. She's really a great person. Any suggestions?

3 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 30 May 2011 , 10:16am
post #2 of 4

Can she use your kitchen to hold a bake sale?

Is it the person that is legal or the area? Or both?

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 30 May 2011 , 10:17am
post #3 of 4

Can she use your kitchen to hold a bake sale?

Is it the person that is legal or the area? Or both?

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 30 May 2011 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 4

I rent my kitchen space ... It's through the IREC and it's called the ennovation center & they require everything .... we are basically in the same area and she will be using the same company I go through once she's legal to bake her cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%